Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Solution?

I've been trying to read newspapers lately. Not just the ones that I usually frequent to, but ones that traditionally stayed away from. Things like the province, national post, and even the Toronto Times (their websites anyways) and so on.

The reason for my recent forays into unfamiliar writing is a hypothesis that if I realize how slanted most of the papers are, I can still be objectively critical. This, however, was a naive mistake on my part.

It's hard to understand the power of repetition until you experience it yourself.

I originally began reading news from just the Globe and Mail. I never realized how elitist the paper was, until I started reading the other papers that I've mentioned.

It was a strange transition from hating the uneducated mass, to hating the conservative party, then hating the liberal party.

This much intake pretty much led me to hating everything, which I suppose can be argued the most objective way to think of anything.

Thankfully, I've found a way to access news from all (or at least what I currently believe as all) news sites.

Marumashi

It takes news stories from all websites in it's archive and compiles them onto a single page. So far it seems to be quite enlightening, although I still worry about it's heavy reliance on the google news aggregator...

No comments: